Eindhoven, Netherlands – We are very happy to announce the release of Fasim 2.2 – representing the most significant upgrade of the tool to date, including enhanced regulatory compliance of inbound and outbound chemical products.
Fasim (Forwarding and Safety Information on Materials) is a chemicals management software from which users can retrieve fully validated Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and manage their chemicals efficiently. Fasim is provided by the Environment, Health & Safety team of Philips Innovation Services.
What’s new in Fasim 2.2
Fasim 2.2 was released in the weekend of 7th and 8th September, 2019. It contains a lot of new functionalities:
- Introduction of the internal Safety Document (iSD), containing validated data of your inbound chemical products for local Health & Safety purposes.
- More country specific Safety Data Sheets (SDS) formats and country specific hazard classification for:
- General EU
- The Netherlands
- The United States-Canada (Hybrid SDS)
- All Safety Documents will be available instantly in 38 languages
- More country specific regulatory information in section 15
- Upgraded product information screen
- Update Register Dangerous Substances screen
Introducing the internal Safety Document (iSD)
The newly introduced iSD simplifies the day-to-day work on the shop floor for anyone handling chemical products by focusing on those bits of information that are of actual relevance right at the location.
Often enough SDS are at least eight pages long and can reach lengths of over more than twenty pages. Buying the same product from multiple suppliers can result in confusing paper stacks, and the burden to find the ‘good’ data. The iSD solves this problem. Derived from the validated SDS authored by Philips, the iSD:
- Comprises all available and relevant supplier product information with regards to safe handling
- Contains validated chemical component data upon which the OELs, hazard classification and labelling and transport classification are based
- All classifications are in line with GHS
- Additional information can be viewed in more detail in the corresponding SDS
Glad to help
More detailed information is available after you log-in to Fasim. Please feel free to contact us for any questions regarding Fasim 2.2. We hope you look forward to working with Fasim 2.2 just as much as we do. Alternatively read more about our SDS services on our service page
For further information
Competence team leader HazCom
Philips Innovation Services