Precision Equipment Development
Do you need a unique type of high-tech equipment, or modifications to existing hardware or software? Our Precision Equipment Development service can create complete equipment designs from scratch based on your requirements, develop the equipment for you, and even provide turnkey delivery to your facilities or into your supply chain. All deliverables are designed to meet your specific quality systems and any required regulations.
Our equipment engineers can take care of all phases of the development. Starting from translating your requirements into technical specifications, then moving to concept creation, design, realization and validation until release for volume. All aspects of the development are covered, not only the technical competencies (e.g. M,E,SW) but also the project management and supply chain management. Through a structured and transparent approach, we ensure that you are in control throughout the whole development.
In-house workshops, cleanrooms and other facilities allow fast realization of proof-of-technology setups and hardware: from proof of concept (demonstrators), functional models (FuMo) and first prototypes, up to pilot series for product evaluation and validation. Knowledge and all design documentation are transferred to your organization.
How we deliver Precision Equipment Development
- We create unique, multidisciplinary teams with the optimal combination of competencies and relevant experience to deliver your project.
- We do professional and transparent project management ensuring you are always in control.
- We apply a structured architecture approach, including rigorous requirements management, taking into account your installed base and roadmap plans.
- Fast, lean and to-the-point model-based design: we know when detail really matters – and save the complex modeling for when it does. This ensures we achieve the requirements without late surprises through error budgeting and predictive modeling in all critical disciplines (e.g. strength, thermal, control, dynamics).
- State-of-the-art best practices – such as Lean development, DfX, Design for System Reliability (DfR) and Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) – facilitate rapid progress.
- If needed we create proof-of-principle test setups to demonstrate feasibility of critical concepts.
Key area of expertise
A dedicated multidisciplinary team is put together for each Precision Equipment Development project. Depending on the needs and goals, it can include a professional project manager and equipment engineers with technical expertise in a wide range of engineering fields, including:
Examples of Precision Equipment Development
Improving machine performance to serve the future market needs. An example of the development of a precision motion stage with a scanning accuracy of few nanometer.
What our partners value
“Of course, a small company with competent engineers can make prototypes, but by working with Philips Innovation Services, we could create a unit which could easily, quickly and cost-efficiently be transferred to production. The response has been very positive and we almost immediately received the first orders.”
Chief Operating Officer
“ASML, Philips Research and Philips Innovation Services are jointly working on the fabrication of ultrathin EUV pellicle membranes, for which the requirements continuously approach and push barriers on manufacturability, process ability, handling and measurement techniques to new frontiers. The highly dedicated efforts and close cooperation’s of these teams are a good example of successful innovation.”
Senior Specialist Contamination Control
“The joint team of Aquaver and Philips Innovation Services had a completely open view onto the possibilities of membrane distillation and stressed the units to its limits again and again. The result was that we jointly have been able to create vast improvements in performance and reliability over the last year.”
Contact us about Precision Equipment Development
Do you have a question for one of the technical experts of Philips Innovation Services? Please send us a message.
Check out our related services
Do you need a partner to take on part of your system development as an integral project, who can handle all aspects from concept, design up to turn-key realization, delivery and verification, based on your requirements or functional specification?
Check out our high-precision engineering services.