High-precision engineering support
If you have a precision engineering challenge that can’t be solved in-house, there is no need to lose valuable time building up the necessary expertise. We have all the specialists and infrastructure necessary to quickly evaluate and provide solutions that are creative – and effective.
Our high-precision engineering support, together with our precision equipment pre-development capabilities, provided the missing competence links that enabled IMS Nanofabrication to build a proof-of-concept system for their electron multi-beam Mask Exposure Tool (eMET).
Our technologist also collaborate internally to develop brand-new tools to solve specific high-tech systems problems, such as when our thermal and control specialists built a controlled fluid-stream heater that enables local temperature control at critical components in systems down to milli-Kelvins accuracy.
High-precision engineering example projects
Comparative evaluation of Lorentz and reluctance actuators
Self-calibration using advanced algorithms on a multi-probe system
- Precision engineering support in many competencies, such as control, sensors, dynamics, motion software, electromagnetics, high-precision mechatronics, thermodynamics, mechanical/electrical design, acoustics and EMC.
- Support in many forms, from ad hoc technology consultancy to defining and designing large-scale technology projects. Our technologists can participate on-site in your teams, or create their own off-site team to develop and execute agreed-upon deliverables.
- Dedicated high-tech infrastructure (including equipment, laboratories and clean rooms).
Methodologies and tools
- Thorough modeling experience, describing the phenomena that ultimately drive and/or limit your performance
- Fast prototyping with our in-house tool shop and close cooperation with suppliers
- Large measurement equipment base available in-house
News: magnetic levitation stage with planar motor
28 Jun 2017
Get up-to-date on maglev stages with inverted planar motor technology. Mechatronics experts share knowledge about free-floating movers on a rotary stage.
More High-precision engineering examples
Calibration strategy for a rotary stage
For one of our customers, a rotary stage is developed. Due to the strict performance requirements, and as a tradeoff with component costs, an elaborate calibration.
Electron multi-beam mask exposure tool
The Austria-based company IMS Nanofabrication chose us as partner to build a proof-of-concept system for their electron multi-beam Mask Exposure Tool.
Model based design for a fluid stream heater
In systems where a cooling liquid is applied for heat removal and/ or thermal conditioning, the cooling liquid is commonly temperature controlled via an external reservoir.
Check out our related services
You need a partner to take on part of your system development as an integral project, handling all aspects from concept, design up to turn-key realization, delivery and verification, based on your requirements or functional specification? Pleased to meet you!