Circular economy value scan
How can your company benefit from a circular business case?
Circular economy adds a business perspective to the Cradle to Cradle® methodology, for instance by explicitly including the adoption of new business models: moving from selling products to selling services.
- Recapturing EBITA from existing business (e.g. by part harvesting);
- Increased service revenues due to larger installed base and through customer retention;
- Getting ahead of rivals by innovating for both resource efficiency and customer value;
- Cost reduction in material procurement and waste disposal: insight in critical material and waste flows translated into actionable steps;
- Insight in strategies to support new circular business: design for 4R, opportunities for chain collaboration, reversed logistics.
Our stepwise approach identifies enabling strategies to capture (more) value of existing and new business.
“We were working on measuring Corporate Social Responsibility levels when we contacted Philips Innovation Services Environment and Safety, who have a high level of environmental awareness and a good track record. Their team started the Sustainability Scan followed by Life Cycle Assessments, and was attentive to our needs throughout the process.”
Henk van Houtum
Director Strategy and Innovation
Van Houtum B.V.
Circular economy in the spotlight
Check out our related services
How do you organize a healthy and safe working environment that motivates your employees?