Circular economy consultancy
What is a circular economy?
A circular economy stands for and economic model with positive society wide benefits. A circular economy entails decoupling economic activity from consumption of finite resources and designing out waste. All of the above underpinned by a transition towards renewable energy sources. A circular economy is based on three principles; designing out waste, keeping products and materials in use and regenerate natural systems.
Our circular economy consulting
For us innovation is our path and impact and growth are our destinations. We understand that scale in a circular economy is not primarily about organizational growth but about social and environmental impact. Because we understand the urgency, opportunity and need to transition to a circular economy we have invested in our own team of circular economy consultants and experts. Like the rest of our organization, our circular economy team turns ideas into working innovations.
Philips and circular economy
Philips Innovation Services is part of an organization that is widely recognized for its role as a sustainability leader, is one of industry’s leaders in adopting circular economy principles and is front runner in developing circular offers like refurbished MRI systems, lighting-as-a-service (now Signify) and applying recycled plastics.
Realize value in a circular economy
Philips is proof that companies can do well and good at the same time. Through our work with think-tanks like the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, in coalitions and across our own business our consultants have learned that circular initiatives help to
- increase business growth,
- stay competitive,
- reduce risk,
- engage talent and customers
- build trust across our wide network of stakeholders.
Our circular economy competences
Philips Innovation Services has a pool of senior experts that can help your business to speed-up your transition towards a circular company. We are happy to help you with:
- Circular value proposition creation to create compelling circular offers to your customers
- Circular business model innovation to make the shift to performance- and access based business, including circular elements like costs of return logistics and re-processing and additional turnovers from new markets. This allows you to identify the best financial model.
- Circular design/architecture and platform creation aimed at design for recyclability, repair, refurbishment, re-manufacturing
- Finding attractive waste-recycling options and application of recycled plastics in your product portfolio
- Reverse supply chain management to recover and re-purpose consumables and hardware
What we offer
Workshop “Design for circular economy”
Are you interested in understanding how the circular economy can improve the competitiveness and profitability of your business? This engaging workshop will help you understand and identify exiting opportunities to capitalize on the circular economy.
2-to-3 week multi-disciplinary strategic deep-dives on your product portfolio to identify key business opportunities, develop a roadmap and start capitalizing on existing projects to gain quick wins.
Dedicated multi-disciplinary projects using our pool of circular economy competences.
Circular economy in the spotlight
We are delighted to welcome circular economy consultant Thijs Maartens and Juan Bakker to our team. They share our passion to create a better world for current and future generations
If the business relevance and data infrastructure are not assessed they may introduce unnecessary costs. Which life cycle approach is ideal for you?
The circular economy differs slightly from the cradle to cradle approach, as it takes economic value creation as its starting point, with improvement of ecological aspects as a…
Check out our related services
Check out related services and the key area of expertise in environment, health & safety ›