Wi-Fi Module Reference Design
When you develop a connected product for the first time, you face many new challenges:
- How to connect to the Philips HealthSuite Digital Platform (HSDP)?
- How to integrate the relevant platform components with your product?
- How to adhere to safety, security, and privacy requirements?
- And how to do all this in a cost-effective way without slowing down time to market or sacrificing quality?
This is why we have developed the Wi-Fi module reference design: making fast and easy integration of connectivity in your product possible.
The Wi-Fi module reference design is not only hardware, it comes with:
- Matching software that contains the embedded components from the HealthSuite Digital Platform (HSDP)
- Technical product documentation (TPD) for design transfer to manufacturer
- Factory tooling that allows for automated, secure production of modules for your particular product
How the Wi-Fi module design gets you to market faster
It is our aim to integrate the Wi-Fi chip, the HSDP Philips cloud, and your product. The end-product is a not a simple Wi-Fi module, it is a connectivity node, ready for assembly in your product. It is not ‘just’ a bit of hardware as you can get from any supplier, it is a specific, customized connectivity node with your own specific firmware. Suitable for a secure connection to the back end, and with everything ready for assembly into your product. This saves you a lot of your own development time. The connectivity node comes with all documentation needed for market approval.
Technical blueprint for easy integration
Philips Innovation Services enables you to easily make your product connected with the Wi-Fi module reference design. This technical blueprint allows you to integrate your product with the:
- Philips HealthSuite Digital Platform (HSDP)
- Software platform and firmware
- Wi-Fi chip
Benefit directly from our experience with this developed, approbated, documented and extensively tested design.
Developed, approbated, documented and tested
With the Wi-Fi module reference design, complicated hardware design challenges like small pitch, antenna design, form factor are solved and firmware handling, security and testing are addressed:
- The Wi-Fi module reference design is FCC, ETSI, SRRC and Wi-Fi Alliance certified
- It is compliant with general safety, regulatory and security standards
- It is backward compatible with previous Philips modules and upgradable for future extensions
Get the full Wi-Fi module reference design specifications
- Component information
- Operation, storage, and transport conditions
- Architectural choices and constraints
- General, safety, legal & security standards
- RF characteristics
- Reflow profile
Request the Wi-Fi module reference design datasheet here:
Use the Wi-Fi module reference design development kit to setup a working prototype of your connected product.
With the Wi-Fi module reference design you can quickly setup a functional test environment and start to integrate the recommended Wi-Fi chip with the software platform and firmware, the HSDP Philips cloud and your product.
The development kit contains:
- Wi-Fi module
- Evaluation board
- TDI board
- USB cable type A to mini
- Link to connectivity toolkit (firmware)
Test it yourself with the development kit
Choose between these two options:
Choose between these two options:
Development kit including the Wi-Fi module and evaluation board to start connecting your product.
Discover the Wi-Fi module reference design in a self-guided way with the hardware development kit.
Hardware and software integration; team-up with our connectivity experts to make your product connected.
Team-up with our connectivity experts and create a connected product prototype the hackathon way.
Kick-start connecting your product to the Philips cloud
Are you interested in using the Wi-Fi module reference design as a blueprint for your product development and connectivity integration? Do you want to get more information about the development kit? Contact us on how we can help you and get you connected to the cloud.
Peter van den Bekerom
Business Development Manager
Connectivity Center of Expertise (Philips only)
In the Philips Connectivity Center of Expertise, we work together on connectivity topics that are relevant for and driven by the business. The Wi-Fi reference design is just one of the business-driven connectivity topics selected by the Philips community.
Electronic Systems & IoT by Philips Innovation Services
The mission of Philips Innovation Services is to accelerate innovation. Inside and outside Philips, from start-up to multinational. We are globally active with 1,000 specialized experts and 10,000 m² of high-tech infrastructure. We accelerate innovation with development, realization and consultancy. Next to the Wi-Fi module reference design and the development kit, we offer these Electronic Systems & IoT services related to the connectivity topic: